Self-evaluation – What you want to do
• Do you want to be self-employed?
• Buy an existing business?
• Work for a spa or other health provider?
• Work out of your home?
• Do out calls?
• Work massage part time or fulltime
Get education about basic business procedures
• Accounting & Record Keeping
• Sales & Marketing
• IRS requirements
Examine & establish financial resources
• Investigate & establish a banking relationship
• Establish a workable short term and long term budget
Research license and permit requirements
• Get a sales tax permit if you intend to sell products.
Research and find an ethical lawyer
• Decide on your best business legal structure
Select a business name
Select a target market
• Determine the services you are qualified to provide
• Price your services
Find and investigate several possible locations & get estimated monthly charges
• Investigate placement of other massage, bodywork and spas in your selected general area
• Select location – After legal review, sign lease
Determine if you want to take credit cards & if so, establish through your bank
Create the massage environment
• Music, etc.